Compensation: $14.00-$16.00 per hour (may pay more based on experience)
Do you enjoy making a difference and being a positive role model in people’s lives? Are you looking for a fulfilling and meaningful career supporting adults with developmental disabilities? Join our team of passionate Skills Trainers and make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Believe and Achieve is looking for a reliable, dedicated, and caring Skills Trainer to assist adults with developmental disabilities in clients’ homes and in the community. Some of the people we support may require assistance with facilitating meaningful community connections, establishing friendships, and participating in a variety of recreational and educational activities. We often assist our clients in learning independent life skills, such as social skills, coping skills, in-home skills, setting up appointments, and assistance with errands. All Skills Trainers receive training, mentorship, and ongoing support. This is a full-time or part-time position in Portland, Beaverton, Hillsboro, and surrounding areas.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Skills Trainers may work with customers virtually through phone calls, Zoom meetings, etc. While we're still offering some in-person support, it's up to each Skills Trainer to determine their comfort level with how they provide support. We follow all CDC and state safety protocols while working in person. Additionally, we provide all safety equipment to keep everyone safe and comfortable.
· Assessing the abilities, strengths, and growth areas of clients to help them set achievable goals
· Teaching life skills so clients can gain more independence
· Providing companionship and supportive listening
· Facilitating community and recreational outings
· Writing detailed notes regarding the support you provide and clients’ progress
· Reporting changes in the health or status of clients
. Must be at least 18 years of age
. Ability to manage own schedule
· Honesty, respect, and a positive, professional work ethic
· High level of accountability and dependability
· Passion and enthusiasm for helping others
· CPR/First-Aid Aid Certification (Believe and Achieve will cover the cost)
· Ability to address basic care needs of clients, including but not limited to medical, nutritional, social, recreational, transportation, etc.
· Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
· Reliable transportation
. If transporting clients, must possess valid Oregon Driver's license, clean driving record, and current auto insurance
. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
. Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities preferred, but not required
· Flexible schedule
· Competitive pay based on experience and education
· Paid sick time
· Comprehensive paid training and mentorship
· Mileage reimbursement
· Excellent opportunities for advancement
· Virtual quarterly team socials
· Opportunities to earn rewards and recognition based on performance
· Company-provided tablet